Veteran Services is here to support student veterans in their pursuit of education and helps them navigate through the process. Please contact us with any questions. We are glad you are here!!
Abby Celemin,Veteran Certifying Official
Coordinator - Financial Aid & Veterans Services
(425) 739-8100, ext. 8475
West Bldg, W209, Financial Aid Office
Founded in 1949, LWTech is a military friendly campus. We offer affordable professional and technical training for today's job market. LWTech is dedicated to providing the support and services that veterans need to successfully transition to college. Whether you are pursuing certification, or preparing for a new career, we are here for you! LWTech features small class sizes, with hands-on-training utilizing modern equipment, students will use in actual job environments.
STEPS TO GET YOUR VA EDUCATION BENEFITS STARTED
- Get your GI Bill Education Benefits started Complete your VA Education Benefits Application. Once approved, the VA will send you a Certificate of Eligibility (please submit a copy to the School Certifying Official). You may check your status and access your VA documents online.
- Apply for Admissions Veterans receive a 25% discount on tuition. Bring in your DD-214, (member copy 4) indicating an "Honorable Discharge" to the Enrollment Services Office, 2nd Floor of West Building
- Take an Assessment test and submit official transcripts The assessment test provides placement information for Math and English courses and may be required for some technical classes or programs. To transfer credits from a previous college, or military training (see below), request official transcripts and either bring them in a SEALED envelope or have them sent to Enrollment Services
- Attend a Veteran Benefits Orientation (required) Tuesdays at 11:00 AM, W213C or Thursdays at 1:30 PM, W213C.
- Meet with an academic adviser to create an academic plan Call or e-mail Ahmad Bennett for an advising appointment. Plan your course of study and select courses. Bring your COMPASS scores and/or previous college transcripts (unofficial OK).
- Apply for Financial Aid or attend a FAFSA lab session if you need help in completing the FAFSA application. Workshops are scheduled on Thursday afternoons at 2:30 PM. The Financial Aid office has current room locations. Veterans may receive financial aid as well as GI Bill Education Benefits.
- Submit all paperwork to the School Certifying Official, Financial Aid Office, W209. Required paperwork includes, Certificate of Eligibility issued from the VA, DD214, Academic plan, and Signature Page (available at the VA orientation)
- Attend a New Student Orientation - The Lion's ROAR
- Register for Classes You are now on your way towards the successful completion of your degree or certificate.
ACADEMIC CREDIT FOR MILITARY TRAINING
LWTech welcomes military veterans on campus and encourages students to submit official copies of their Joint Services Transcript (JST) or other official record of military training (such as CCAF) for review to the enrollment services office. If you believe your military training allowed you to gain competency in areas not listed on your JST, consider speaking with your faculty member about the college's Prior Learning Assessment process. Air Force transcripts can be requested at http://www.au.af.mil/au/barnes/ccaf/transcripts.asp. All other branches can request their transcripts through the JST system.
LWTech Veteran students are invited to attend a annual complimentary luncheon in November
featuring a guest speaker. This occasion allows you to connect with other LWTech veteran
students, instructors and staff. 2015 Veterans Luncheon
Tuesday, November 10
East Building, E-144