Learning courses use online tools to enhance teaching and learning. There are three types of eLearning courses.
Online Courses are held entirely online with no face-to-face classroom time. Online courses require the same amount of work as campus courses. They include scheduled assignments and exams. Some online courses require students to meet online in web conferences at scheduled times.
Hybrid Courses use online technologies to replace some (not all) face-to-face class time. The blend can be flexible. Some hybrid classes replace one weekly class session with online work. Some only meet in person a few times per quarter. Students must attend all scheduled classroom sessions.
Web-enhanced courses are face-to-face class sections that meet on campus at scheduled times and use online technologies for additional interaction or sharing course materials. Face-to-face class time is NOT displaced. Students must attend all scheduled classroom sessions.
Quarterly eLearning courses can be found in the Class Schedule by choosing Fully Online or Partly Online in the Location dropdown box.
- Canvas is an online tool for teaching and learning. The majority of LWTech credit courses use the Canvas learning platform. Instructors use Canvas to share course content, post assignments and grades, conduct quizzes, and collect online submissions.
- Respondus is a quiz and test bank creation and management tool. It allows instructors to create and manage quizzes outside of Canvas, and either print them to administer in person, or import them into courses in Canvas.
- Blackboard Collaborate is a web conferencing tool located within Canvas. It allows you to meet synchronously online using audio, video, text and screen and file sharing tools. Sessions can be recorded to watch later.
- Panopto is a presentation recording tool located within Canvas. This can be used to record lectures or presentations with audio, video from a webcam, and your computer screen. It can also be used as a portal for hosting videos created outside of Panopto. Creators can set permissions that determine who is able to view the videos.
NEW CANVAS LOGIN!
Canvas login is now the same as your LWTech computer/email login.
- Go to lwtech.instructure.com
- Login with your @lwtech email address and password
- That's it!